Hello!

Welcome to the Origin Forums, home base of Wakfu's premier english speaking guild. Once you have signed up for an account you will be able to access the entire forum. Untill then your access will be limited.

-Admin

[Devblog] Crime in Wakfu

microundeas

[Devblog] Crime in Wakfu

Post by microundeas on January 18th 2010, 5:41 pm

by google xD *again*

original: http://devblog.wakfu.com/fr/billets/125-criminalite-wakfu.html

Greetings to all. I just get a little update on the new feature that you will soon test the Crime!

Crime in Wakfu, what is it? Well as I have already explained quickly post monitoring Wakfu, crime is the failure to respect the laws of the land on which it is located. I will explain step by step how it works to prepare for the upcoming update.
    How to choose your nation is this important?

The choice of the nation becomes more important because now, for testing the system of laws, nations can have some guidance Wakfu / Stasis. This orientation was made arbitrarily and later will be made between the different islands. This orientation will depend laws available to the governor. It will therefore have to be careful on what nation you start. If you want to be a player Stasis, better not have mistaken the nation to find yourself on a pro-nation Wakfu. The orientation of a nation is indicated on the selection panel of the nation:

* Nation de Sevamor : Nation Neutre just a bit stasis
    * Nation d'Emelka : Nation Neutre
    * Nation de Mork : Nation à inclinaison Stasis

How to read the law?

To know what is legal or illegal, it is recommended to always pay close attention to the laws in force in the territory where you are. As you arrive at your own nation, what are the laws of your nation you will discover first. You can access it via the Community menu or using the shortcut "Shift + P" (see screen).

Here the reference table of laws:

The column "Legal" tells you whether the action is legal or illegal. The column "penalty" indicates the amount of points of Crime (DoF) that you will reap if you commit the action. For example on the above laws, it is illegal to commit a type of stasis on the fauna and flora. Moreover, these actions are punishable by 2 DoF.

In addition to these laws, and as for the actions or types Wakfu Stasis, once an action is illegal, it will be indicated on the MRU (menu that appears right click) with the corresponding icon crime. For example, the screen below, I know that my action is illegal:

In order not to hide the icon or the action of APS Wakfu or Stasis, this icon flashes crime, so do watch out if your action is not illegal to do before. This icon is also present for assaults against other players. If aggression is not legal, then you see this icon flashing to warn you.

What happens if I commit an illegal act?

Every illegal act committed, you will be shown on the DoF array of laws. Attention on actions on wildlife, if you attack a group of 3 monsters (for example) and that is illegal, you win 3 times the DoF indicated, once a monster killed.

Once you commit an illegal act, a "floating text" indicates the number of DoF acquired:

And the more you are committing illegal acts, the more your total DoF will increase. You can see the total DoF you have in your international interface states where there are yet times enemy nation.

You can earn up to 49 PdC without any problem. But when you go to reach 50 against a nation, you go Off-the-law to this nation. This means that members of the nation in question will attack you in a legal manner. Also, if you become off-the-law to your own nation, you can no longer be governor (and lose your title if you were), you can not vote in elections and you will receive more bonuses Nation .

When you get off-the-law, a small "flag" criminal appears above your head

This flag is viewable by players of the nation to which you are living outside the law. For example, if I am Ohm of nationality and I am getting off-the-law to Mork, all players Mork see me with the icon of off-the-law. Furthermore, I would see this flag only on the territories of Mork.

How to know what areas I might be in trouble?

We have implemented a very simple color code:

* Green: These are areas of my nation and my nation players
    * Yellow: These territories and players of another nation to which I have nothing to reproach myself
    * Red: These territories and players of a nation to which I am living outside the law.

So if you open your map, you can see at a glance where it is better to avoid going if you do not want any chance of being assaulted:

I have accumulated DoF, how to lose?

The only way to lose DoF and again flawless against a nation is serving a prison sentence whose time corresponds to the accumulated amount of DoF. There are two ways of going to prison. You can get yourself to the keeper of the prison in the nation to which you are living outside the law. If you do, your prison sentence will be reduced by 20%. The second way of being in jail is when you are on the territory of a nation other than yours, you are off-the-law to a nation and you lose a battle against a PvP player this nation.

How do I know any time my international statements?

To always know where you are, you can access your information via international statements tab "Personal Information" in the same place to learn about laws. You will find a summary of your DoF:

I became Governor, how to change the laws?

To change the laws of your nation, we must go to the member of a clan territory you control. Via the MRU, choose "Customize this protector. You can then change the laws via the tab "Laws of the Nation." The interface is not very sexy at the moment, but it is functional and allows you to change the laws:

You only have to choose where to put the legality of an action. The sites '-1' is unavailable. "0" means that commit the action is not punished, so that the action is legal. As for numbers, they indicate the amount of DoF that the player will receive commenting on the action. Once the legislation before it is sufficient to validate them by clicking "apply".

There are a priority for legislation.

* Attacking an off-the-law to the nation on its territory is ALWAYS legal action and it does not matter whether a citizen of your nation, foreign or her alignment Wakfu / Stasis.
    * The laws of Wakfu / Stasis take precedence over the laws of citizen / foreigner, that is to say that if a player is, for example Citizen AND Wakfu> 30%, the law concerning Wakfu which the prevails. In the case of laws over the top, attacking a citizen Wakfu> 30% leads to a sentence of 15 PdC and not 25.

Some subtleties are:

* Just because you see a player with the flag 'off-the-law "above his head that he is necessarily legal attack. Simple case: You are the nation Emelka. You are currently a territory of the Nation of Ohm. If a character Mork, off-the-law to the nation Emelka is near you, you'll see his flag off-the-law because it is against your nation. However, it did nothing to Ohm, the attack will be unlawful on Ohm and if you do, you earn DoF to Ohm. We must therefore pay attention to the presence of the icon on the MRU crime of aggression.
    * The territories starting your island belonging to your nation are safe areas. You can not be attacked unless you are living outside the law to your own nation. This is a good place to start playing. Beware however, if a territory is controlled by another nation, even on your island base, you can get more protection. Similarly, a territory under your control but on the central island or on another small island that you are not a protected area.
    microundeas

Re: [Devblog] Crime in Wakfu

Post by microundeas on January 18th 2010, 6:38 pm

i thinks this is important to know if we will stay at seva... or change to other nation that will depend if we want to be a a stasis or a wakfu guild...
    microundeas

Post by microundeas on January 18th 2010, 6:41 pm

oh and will be a answer to all that where curious about the new politic system xD
    Sandi

Post by Sandi on January 18th 2010, 6:51 pm

Oh, tnx for the translation. Im curious enough to wanna try to be a govnernor. I think we should make a differens on the island we choose. What kind of Island is less important to me Smile
    plum

Post by plum on January 19th 2010, 10:48 am

Thank you, João. You do save me a lot of work, you know Laughing

Opinions on the article content will be added when brain is again functional.
    microundeas

Post by microundeas on January 19th 2010, 5:16 pm

plum wrote:

Opinions on the article content will be added when brain is again functional.

well mine wake-up and i realize that this is very important more then most people think.. cause this will influence a lot the game and the way that you play... for what get even th 5 of wakfu/stasis will affect if you are good or bad to a nation, and with the power that gov will have and their inflence this game will become *i hope* a lot better xD

Very Happy
    I hope that today was Wednesday..... bounce
    ParaplegicZombie

Post by ParaplegicZombie on January 19th 2010, 6:13 pm

Hmm. . . I see a problem with the "wanted" level of a player, or DoF, not lowering with time, and there being no way to work it off. I foresee an overhaul to this system already.
    Aero

Post by Aero on January 20th 2010, 3:23 pm

what nation we picking??
    RunicTech
    Admin

Post by RunicTech on January 20th 2010, 3:32 pm

Sevamore

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content